In this Weekly Digest I will focus on taking the steps to ensuring your Airbnb host profile is attracting and retaining potential guests.
At its core Airbnb and Sharing Economy transactions are built on trust—staying in a stranger’s home is kind of a big deal! If you are a host, you need to make sure that your profile explicitly states who you are in a fashion that makes your audience feel confident and safe to stay in your home.
Here is a small list of things to be mindful of:
- Connect all your social media accounts! (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Building a social connection with your potential guest is one of the easiest ways to build trust and start a relationship. It is also the only other way to get a feel for who you are—it is an enabling tool that is the backbone of the transaction.
- Verify your identification, email, phone number, address, etc.
- Tell them about yourself! Put your education, work experience, etc. It’s that first step and easiest way to start to build a connection.
- Upload a great profile picture!
- Don’t worry about getting a professional headshot taken, a smartphone or camera will be totally fine! Your profile picture puts a face to a name and is one of the first things a potential guest will see. Smile bright, try not to confuse someone with a picture of you and a bunch of your friends, and make sure it is good quality.
- Respond to inquiries quickly!
- On Airbnb, responsiveness is critical! Chances are a potential guest has a few questions before he/she books—answer within a few hours as a point of courtesy and show them just how hospitable you are.
- Take advantage of the profile video to make a great first impression!
- Here are the instructions to help you make yours: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/213
Sharing Economy News Round Up and Good Reads
Support your fellow home sharing hosts and short-term rental operators by sharing this post. You will give them the knowledge they need to become the best host they can be!
This article originally debuted as an email newsletter to our Weekly Digest subscribers on 07/12/2015. If you’d like to receive our weekly newsletter featuring hosting tips, tricks, and resources please subscribe on our home page.